. Contemplative Haven: Feastday of St. Maria Faustina of the Blessed Sacrament

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Feastday of St. Maria Faustina of the Blessed Sacrament

Excerpts from her Diary, May 1937:

"I am dying of yearning for God today. This longing fills all my soul. How very much I feel I am in exile. O Jesus, when will the longed-for moment come?"

"My tormented soul finds aid nowhere but in You, O Living Host. I place all my trust in Your merciful heart. I am waiting patiently for Your word, Lord."


Excerpt from her Diary, June 1938:

"Today, a living flame of divine love entered my soul; if it had lasted any longer, I would have been consumed by the fire, freeing myself of the bonds of the present. It seemed to me that, if it had lasted an instant longer, I would have been drowned in the ocean of love. I cannot describe these arrows of love that pierce my soul."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home