. Contemplative Haven: Message to Monica

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Message to Monica



Pssst...Monica , they're not here yet. Probably off eating cheesecake, over at Exhaling. They think I've left for work (a little subterfuge of my own).

Listen, I'm worried. If they get so feisty over a little quote from Thomas Dubay, what's going to happen when we get into St. John of the Cross? I am reminded of the famous words of Bette Davis' character, Margo Channing, in All About Eve: "Fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

We can't let them intimidate us, Monica. Here's the plan. They've invited me to join their little "club", and I've applied, just to keep an eye on their antics. You may wish to do the same. Contemplatives "breathing" together, or some such thing. Italian desserts and BBQ ribs, and they're even trying to drag in the men (have they no shame?)

Well, we shall see just how much they want to breathe with me when I break out the quotes on self-mortification. Hah! We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home